Can I import multiple beneficiaries at once?
Importing beneficiaries in batch is a convenient feature when changing from a bank to another. Qonto allows you to import up to 300 beneficiaries at the same time.
☝️ Goot to know: You can also add a new beneficiary at any time, directly from the Transfers section of your Qonto web app.
How does it work?
- Download the following empty CSV file: qonto_import_beneficiaries_empty.csv. Here is an example of how to fill in the file: qonto_import_beneficiaries_with examples.csv
- Fill the CSV file with your beneficiaries, using Excel or any other spreadsheet editor. But don't modify the first row
- Go to the Transfers section of your Qonto app
- Click on Create transfer then on Upload new beneficiaries (CSV)
- Drag and drop your file, and check that the data you imported is correct before validating
What should I do if I get an error message?
You received an error message while uploading your file? Make sure that:
- Your file includes these 4 columns, separated by a semicolon (;): NAME, IBAN, BIC, EMAIL
- Only NAME and IBAN columns have to be filled with values. The values for BIC and EMAIL can remain blank, they are optional.
- IBAN and BIC must comply to the IBAN and BIC formats.
✌️ Good to know: In case of error, the confirmation screen will highlight the beneficiaries for whom one of those parameters is wrong, so you get a chance to fix them.
Note: If some of your beneficiaries don't have a SEPA account then you can't import them (for now).