With your Qonto account, you can get virtual & physical and Mastercard cards. Please note that only admins and primary owners can perform this action.
A two-step validation is required to finalize the order.
To order a card, go to the Cards section, click on the Create card button located in the top right corner of your interface, and follow these steps:
- Choose the type of card, physical or virtual, that fits your needs
- Name the (future) cardholder
- Set the parameters of your card as you see fit (don't worry, you can modify these settings at any time)
- Set your payment and withdrawals limits
- Choose your delivery address (for physical cards)
- Set your PIN code (make sure you remember it because you'll need it for your in-store payments and your withdrawals) to confirm your card order
- Enter the confirmation code sent by SMS
- Your card has been ordered!
👉 Specific cases
Depending on your role, your plan, or even the type of card you order, there are some specificities:
- If you order a card for another member, the process is the same. We will just send him an email to create his own PIN code.
- If you order a X card, you need to top-up your Qonto account first through a simple bank transfer (from another account you hold).
- If you order a card and have multiple current accounts, you need to assign it to one of your accounts. All the transactions made with this new card will be charged on this account.
Note: A card can only be assigned to a single account and it cannot be changed.
Virtual cards are effective a few minutes after their creation.
Physical cards have to be activated before you can use them. Our cards are sent:
- with mail tracking for One and Plus cards
- via DHL services for our X card
☝️ Good to know: Postal tracking is available 24 hours after initiating the order. You can follow the journey of your card to your mailbox at any time from the Cards section of your application.